Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flashback Friday

Since I'll be away this coming Friday, and the first entry in this category prompted an impressive burst of reader email (a big market out there for nostalgia, obviously) I'll post this one a few days early.

This might reach deep into the ether for some as it did for me. I'd completely forgotten about this show, but when I came across it on YouTube it was instantly familiar. Were these opening and closing songs ingrained into anyone else's brain at six years old?







This was actually a very good, highly rated show that had a long run, mostly on WPIX in the New York City area. The two hosts are still going strong here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Flashback! I used to love that show when I was a kid! Yes, the theme song is tattooed on my brain. I'm glad to see they are both doing well and continuing to make a positive contribution. Thanks!

2/20/2008 11:18 AM  
Blogger Miss Bliss said...

I have no recollection of this show at all so perhaps it never made it all the way out here to LA. Sounds like it was very popular though...

2/21/2008 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a liberal pinko commie I am shocked that a true conserative would have anything to do with this obivious gay show.

This show did not run in the deep south of the 60's when I was growing up. We had Captain Kangroo and Mr. Greenjeans.

Organic George

2/23/2008 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home