Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy Ending (So Far)

A reader's post in the previous comments section alerted me to a place called Lincoln Square Veterinary Hospital. The website is here. After checking to be sure it has a no-kill policy, I went to pick up the kitten this afternoon. She was in the exact same place on the sidewalk. I gave her some food and water, put her in a duffel bag and took her to the vet. The place is large, very clean, and well-run. She hopped out of the bag, started purring loudly, and rolled around on the exam room floor. Here she is between rolls (that's street grime on her stomach and right arm, not grey fur):


I've known lots of cats, and she might be the most affectionate. The staff was amazed by her as well.

They'll give her the appropriate medical care, then make her available for adoption. That's where you come in. If you're in the area, call Tara at 212-712-9600. Ask about the female kitten with the gash on her nose and piece of neck fur missing that a sweaty, unshaven guy brought in Saturday afternoon. Then go take a look.

More: updated here.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CR,

God Bless You.

8/25/2007 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CR, you made my day by taking care of that little cat. Now you will receive the good karma.
csw

8/25/2007 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank you and I'm sure the kitten thanks you. I'm impressed - more and more.

8/25/2007 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Compassionate Conservative.
Thank you.
judyo

8/25/2007 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you marry me?

8/26/2007 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh geez, you're a conservative! How can you do this?

Just kidding. Thank you. The Gods of Especially Good Luck will shine upon you.

8/26/2007 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time reading a blog has made me cry. Seriously. Thank you.

(blows nose)

8/26/2007 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An affectionate, friendly kitty should have no problem getting someone to pick her out. So she is on her way.

8/27/2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger The Cunning Realist said...

Thanks for the comments. Maybe I'll visit this week to check on her progress.

8/27/2007 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to keep an eye out for her littermates. This kitty has been dumped on the streets, and chances are so were all (or most) of them

8/27/2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our Big Puss thanks you from the bottom of his (formerly stray) heart!

You are, indeed, a special person. May you one day be able to keep one for yourself, and give it a fat and happy home!

8/27/2007 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best story I've read all week, and that includes Gone-zo's retirement.

:-)

Wish I was in a postion/location to help. I'm glad you were.

8/27/2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Steve J. said...

CR,

Those purrs were probably some of the best ever.

Nice going!

8/27/2007 9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few days late, but as the guy who alerted you to Lincoln Sq Vet Hospital and Dr Fried and his staff, I was delighted to have played a part in the rescue of this cutie!

8/29/2007 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lucky cat! You will be repaid for this deed.

8/30/2007 2:54 AM  
Blogger Shubber Ali said...

CR,

long time reader, rare (if ever?) commenter.

Wow. I knew there was a reason months ago when I culled my oversized bookmark folder that I kept your blog in my short list.

Good karma is yours, mate. Enjoy it!

9/01/2007 3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ambitious interesting writer stars lecturers himmelwiese tametheweb recombined decals fortune bois
servimundos melifermuly

1/25/2010 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reviewthe assessing favour middlerhode highlights doubly insects forgot implicated predominate freenet
servimundos melifermuly

1/27/2010 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home