Monday, April 09, 2007

"These Are The Best Security Men In The World. They Used To Work For J.C. Penney."

With a suspicious last name like Murphy (obviously part of the infamous al-Murphy clan that roams Yemen's lawless eastern desert) I suppose this shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Get Michael Chertoff and Kip Hawley in front of a Congressional committee, preferably in public. Find out why Murphy and others inexplicably get on "the list." If they can't or won't say, get rid of them.

So far, I've been moderately satisfied with the level of oversight the Democrats have brought to Washington. But if they don't realize that part of their mandate is to peel the banana from the republic -- these days, Shelly Kornpett and Vince Ricardo wouldn't have to go too far to get their kicks -- they won't be around long.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the title line, from "The In-Laws" (original version with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin). My favorite all time comedy!

4/10/2007 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're keeping the Dems on quite a short leash. Perhaps you haven't noticed the sheer number of scandals out there, many of which have been left completely unaddressed for the past 6 years, and many of which have only surfaced in the past few weeks. It's hard to keep up. This particular scandal annoys me a bit -- it's only when the high mucky-mucks get caught in the bind that we start to consider it a problem. I guess I shouldn't even bother to be surprised.

And, btw, your alternative to the Dems would be . . . more Bill Frists and Denny Hasterts?

4/10/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Echoing mary, though in truth I don't think you were all that hard on the Dems. With the scandal backlog and the institutional constraints they have to contend with, the Congressional Dems have done a better job than I expected last November -- and except for a write-in (I couldn't vote for Congressman Al "I occupy space" Wynn), I voted a straight Democratic ticket.

I think the most encouraging thing about the new majority is that seem to be pursuing a genuine strategic goal -- ending the Iraq disaster -- with more doggedness and tactical skill than I ever thought I'd see.
-- sglover

4/10/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger t.s. said...

While I would share a righteous indignation over this story if it were true, and it's the sort of thing I'm inclined to believe about the current administration, the whole thing rests on a comment by an anonymous American Airlines clerk. It's unclear how he would know this, and it's certainly easy to imagine that he might say something of this sort just to get Professor Murphy off of his hands and onto his plane with perhaps less fuss.

4/10/2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this were true, it would be so easy to make the leap from this, to domestic spying on political opponents who just 'happen' to be on the terrorist watch list as well.

4/10/2007 10:26 PM  
Anonymous дорожные машины said...

So, I don't actually believe this may have effect.

Сборный дом

6/01/2011 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home